If windows hangs on welcome screen and you notice the circle stops spinning, there are applications causing it to hang.
1. If screens hangs and no longer to move forward, do a hard reboot.
2. Log as another user and uninstall any recently installed applications.
3. If your able to get in the corrupt profile, go to start, run type msconfig, press enter
4. Search for recent applications and uncheck from start up
5. Try logging in to corrupt profile now.
6. If issue persist, log in as admin, rename folder of the user that is corrupt.
7. Try to login again and it will recreate profile
8. Transfer over all folders and files from corrupt to new profile.