Microsoft Outlook 2010 error "Cannot create file: "filename". Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder" when trying to right click and save-as.
1. Close Outlook 2010
2. Click on Start
3. Click on Computer
4. Click on C: drive
5. Create new folder on the root, lable "temp1"
6. Click on Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
7. Locate and then click the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice14.0OutlookSecurity
8. It's good practice to do a backup of any registry keys you modify. In this case lets right-click the folder Security and click Export, then save as desired.
8. In the right pane, double-click OutlookSecureTempFolder or right-click and click Modify.
9. In the Value Data field, type the path of the folder you created if different than the above C:temp1
10. Exit Registry Editor
11. Restart the computer.
12. Once computer is back on, open Outlook and attempt to save any attachment.