We have all received calls meant for another extension. Transferring the call avoids having to ask the caller to call back and as a result improves user experience, customer service and the efficiency within the workplace. The 3CX client allows you to seamlessly and easily transfer calls to other users.
There are two ways to transfer calls:
With a Blind Transfer, you can transfer the call without notifying the recipient.
- While in a call, click on the “Transfer” button.
- You can select a contact by:
- Typing or tapping the number or the name of the contact you want to transfer the call to. The 3CX Client will filter your contact list and suggest users/extensions (only in Windows and Mac).
- Press the Phonebook, Presence, or Call History tabs and select the desired contact.
- Click on the “Transfer” button to transfer the call. The call will be transferred as soon as the recipient accepts the call or you press “End.”
With an Attended Transfer you are able to notify the recipient before transferring the call. During this time, the caller is on hold and the transfer is completed only when the recipient agrees to accept it and you hang up. To perform an attended transfer:
- While in a call, click the “Att. Transfer” button .
- Dial the number or name you want to transfer the call to, or select a contact from Presence, Phonebook or Call History, click the “Call” button and announce the caller waiting on the line. The line on hold will be marked as orange while the active line is marked in green.
- After confirming that the recipient wants to take the call, click the “Transfer” button , hang up, and the call will be transferred to the recipient.
Other Features (available for Windows)
Drag and Drop
This feature is a great help, especially for receptionists. In the Receptionist view, you can transfer a call just by using drag and drop.
BLF Panel (Busy Lamp Field)
The 3CX client also includes an integrated BLF panel. It works just like the BLF panel on your IP Phone, a small light tells you whether an extension is busy or not and allows you to easily transfer calls. Think of it as your favorite and most-used extensions list.
For more concrete information visit 3Cx Web Site.