If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
If you use a Windows PC
Follow these steps to reinstall the Apple Mobile Device USB driver:
- Disconnect your device from the computer.
- Reconnect your device. If iTunes opens, close it.
- Press the Windows and R key on your keyboard to open the Run command.
- In the Run window, enter:
%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
- Click OK.
- Right-click on the
usbaapl.inffile and select Install.
You might see other files that start with
usbaapl. Make sure to install the file that ends in .inf. If you’re not sure which file to install, right-click a blank area in the File Explorer Window, click View, then click Details to find the correct file type. You want to install the Setup Information file.
- Disconnect your device from your computer, then restart your computer.
- Reconnect your device and open iTunes.