This Knowledge Base article we will be showing you a step by step basis on how to update your PC.
INSTALL HIGH PRIORITY UPDATES
Microsoft updates is the online extension of Windows that helps you keep your computer up-to-date. Microsoft Update includes updates from Windows Update and from Office Update, in addition to updates for other Microsoft products and for third-party device drivers. Use Microsoft Update to install updates for your computer's operating system, software, and hardware.
New content is added to the site regularly so that you can obtain recent updates and fixes to help protect your computer and to keep running smoothly. To use the Microsoft Update site to install all critical updates for your computer, follow these steps:
- Connect to the Internet, and then start your Windows Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Windows Update.
- If Microsoft Update is not installed, click Microsoft Update. Otherwise, go to step 7.
- On the Try Microsoft Update today Web page, click Start Now, and then click Continue on the Review the license agreement Web page.
- In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install to install Microsoft Update.
- On the Welcome to Microsoft Update Web page, click Check for Updates.
- On the Keep your computer up to date Web page, click Express to install high priority updates.
- On the Review and Install Updates Web page, click Install Updates, and then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- After you install the high priority updates, you can repeat these steps to install other updates. To do this, click Custom on the Keep your computer up to date Web page. Then, you can select updates from the sections that are listed on the navigation pane.