A General System Error Occurred: The Migration Has Exceeded The Maximum Switchover Time Of 100 Seconds. ESX has preemptively failed the migration to allow the VM to continue running on the source. To avoid this failure, either increase the maximum allowable switchover time or wait until the VM is performing a less intensive workload.
This may occur if there are a large number of provisioning, migration, or power operations occurring on the same datastore as the Storage vMotion. The virtual machine's disk files are reopened during this time, so disk performance issues or large numbers of disks may lead to timeouts.
- Open vSphere Client and connect to the ESX/ESXi host or to vCenter Server.
- Locate the virtual machine in the inventory.
- Power off the virtual machine.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- Click the Options tab.
- Select the Advanced: General section.
- Click the Configuration Parameters button.Note: The Configuration Parameters button is disabled when the virtual machine is powered on.
- From the Configuration Parameters window, click Add Row.
- In the Name field, enter the parameter name:
- In the Value field, enter the new timeout value in seconds (for example:
- Click the OK buttons twice to save the configuration change.
- Power on the virtual machine.