Add a shared folder to your OneDrive
Sign in to OneDrive on your browser.
- In the OneDrive navigation pane, under OneDrive, click Shared. Folders you can add to your OneDrive are marked Can edit.
- Find the folder you want to add and click the circle in the folder's tile to select it.
- Click Add to my OneDrive. Or, if you prefer, you can right-click the folder and then click Add to my OneDrive.
TIP: If you don't want the folder contents to sync and be shared, you can click Download. This copies the folder and its contents to your computer, not to your OneDrive. The files are available for you to edit offline, but you would not see updates made by others, and they would not get updates you make.
Find shared folders in your OneDrive
Shared folders you've added to your OneDrive appear in the OneDrive website in your Files view.
If you use the OneDrive sync app on your computer, you can sync the folder to your computer. On a Windows PC, find the folder in Windows Explorer; on a Mac computer, use the Finder to locate it.
- If you have the OneDrive sync app but the shared folder does not sync to your computer, you might have selective sync turned on. This isn't common, but to fix it, go to your computer's system tray (if you use a Mac, go to the menu bar) and find the sync app.
- Right-click the sync app icon (if you're using a Mac, left-click it), and click Settings.
- On the Choose folders tab, check the box of the folders you want to sync.